Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Christmas?

I suppose, Christmas is a comin' sooner than later and who is ready for it? Kind of this lady? Not really.

This year has obviously not been my year for great luck or things. But I am hoping that next year will be ma year. I hope. We will see.

I came home from work today to find another shut off notice from the electric company. I'm ridiculously peeved at this point because after the debacle last month, of which I had to magically summon $400 out of thin air, the landlord was supposed to pay off the remainder of the bill. Which he apparently did not. Because I just got home to find another one. And when I called him he is telling me that I have to pay $175 or whatever my portion of the bill is, however, he will not provide me with the bill invoices that get mailed out and he is all like, "Well why isn't the bill in your name yet?" This is the story with the electric company, you cannot transfer the account if there is a remaining bill on it. It just cannot be done. So the bill is still in his name, because he never paid the account off. They have tacked on the bill from another one of his properties onto the account for the house in which I am living. Which he won't pay off because he never has the money of which to do so. So that leaves me with a shutoff notice, three days before Christmas, and the possibility that I may have to pay a ridiculous amount of money just prior to Christmas. This is a continuing saga of house drama and I for one have had my share.

As soon as I am financially able to, methinks we will be moving again next year. To a better neighborhood, to a bigger house, with a nicer kitchen, that does not involve a slum lord. Dream bigger. Dream better. And I will always be dreaming.

On another note, I am having a lovely day. Quite a lovely day. I need to address my Christmas cards and get those out in the mail this afternoon, and that will be my next adventure.

I began the writing on my work of non-fiction and I have the outline and summary created. I have lists and lists of questions I will be answering within the book and I am thinking that over the next few months I will begin to seek out people to interview. I am loving it!

I also just got an amazing copy machine courtesy of my father and so I am in photocopy HEAVEN! It is marvelous.

And then, today at work, my other dream was realized. I have long long wanted to write my own romance novel. This is something I have been exploring for years with coworkers and other English nerds like myself. But today, it was realized. I already forgot the title and the subtitle, but those things need a bit of work anyhow, but I believe I will be tapping into a romantical genre which has never been before. It will be a combination of law romance and workout romance.

If you are about to read this and in any way shape or form try to steal my ideas or anything else, don't. After I finish writing my book I will come after you in vengeance and sue your pants off for stealing my creative ideas.

So this is kind of the working plot/summary. There is this hot trainer who is a mixture of like Jillian Michaels and someone else, but more blonde and not super muscular but she totally has a full body tone. And she likes to wear a lot of shimmery gold stuff. But anyhow, she is a possible murder witness for a previous client (and ex-lover) who died while under the training of one of her insubordinates (have not yet decided if it will be a woman who was jealous of the previous love affair or another man trainer who was jealous of the previous love affair). Anyhow, the accident involved some weight pressing machinery and hands that may have still been oily from the full body massage that he had just received. Anyhow, main character is involved in this ridiculous legal situation, and the prosecutor, who is not morbidly obese but definitely rotund and out of shape, falls in love with the trainer during the case. She at first does not feel anything for the man, as he is legally prosecuting her, but there is a moment of realization at the water fountain in the courthouse. She is bending over to sip water and he is behind her waiting for his turn. The scene will be described using possible Police lyrics and something similar to the lines from 'Take me home tonight', I can hear you breathe, I can hear your heart beat faster.....

When they eventually consummate their love, as the rest of the novel/plot has not been fully developed, it will be an interesting combination of hot and steamy latin law phrases (from the prosecutor) and catch lines found in various workout videos (from the trainer). I realize this will take some research on my behalf, as I don't know any phrases of either sort. Let alone hot and steamy phrases.

I don't know how the book will end, in the spirit of harlequins, perhaps a baby should be delivered on the doorstep or within the last 3 pages the trainer becomes pregnant and then they have a baby and live happily ever after. Harlequins always involve babies. There is a whole single-dad/baby genre of romance novels (but don't get me going on that subject because as romantical as it is making the baby, there is nothing romantic about pregnancy and having the babies and as the babies are growing up- I mean, okay, I guess there are some parts that are, but truly the whole genre is out of control).

That was my difficulty this afternoon, was to find a romance novel genre that has not already been oversaturated with written literature. My other option that we figured out that hasn't been covered is an explorer who travels to Egypt and falls in love with a mummy, who is also a prince, who maybe can time travel? The mummy might also be a haunted mummy and perhaps the heroine would fall in love with the mummy in its deadened form? I don't know, I just figured that too much research would need to go into that one and being that most romance novels aren't over 200 pages, I don't think I want to extend the effort on that, especially when I have so much other research I am already conducting.

And if I ever am in a rock band, it is going to be named, "The Velvety Hardness"

We got the tree put up last night. When we finish decorating it today I might post some pictures. Fun stuff.

What else for today?

Gunz n' butta

I have been trying to figure out that one all morning as well. How are guns and butter related and is butta any different than butter?

Also, for those of you reading this who are also library nerds, if you were looking for a title similar to 'brainwashing for dummies' where within Dewey might that title be hiding? The 305s ish might contain something regarding getting out of a relationship from being brainwashed (as would the 646s) the 650's would be brainwashed people at work, the 618's are stories about overcoming brainwashing from the medical aspect. So that leaves me with some ideas, either it would be somewhere contained in the early 600's under the medical stuff (particularly psychology) I doubt it would be in the 100's but maybe it could be hiding by the intelligence stuff? My best guess truly is that it is a 794 and somewhere right after the logical game guides for playing cards and chess and such.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Posted