Tomorrow is Wednesday and then Thursday is the day that we have been told over and over that my father will get the girls.
I'm not holding my breath, but I'm definitely holding out. I'm so worried how this will all go if it turns around and they (for some reason or another) decide that the girls can't come home.
The big issue now is that of the Caseplan. According to their policy they have thirty days from the initial case opening to create and present a caseplan. That thirty days was last Friday. That thirty days extends to this Thursday if you go by the date in which they initially took custody. In any case they are drawing it very close.
We had a meeting scheduled for today to go over the caseplan but of course (why am I not surprised) it was cancelled and should happen tomorrow afternoon. In any case, they have to have it signed and filed with the court by the pretrial date which is Thursday.
I don't know what is going to happen.
Right now I am talking with Marilyn and she is narrating to me a letter that she is writing about how she wants to come home and how she is writing the letter to her 'dear mother' and her 'dear father'. Now she was pretending to go back and forth in a discussion of her asking to come home and me telling her that she had to wait. Three year olds are such interesting little creatures.
Two more days until I can hold my babies and kiss them and not let them go. Two more days until they are in the safe and loving care of family, with people who aren't analyzing their every move. Two more days until we can start working to undo all of the negative damage that has occurred to my girls during this month away from us. I haven't changed a diaper or given a bath or brushed my children's hair in a month. I have spent 4 hours with them in the past 4 weeks.
I hope they are the same little people that they were.
I hope that this meeting happens tomorrow and that they aren't proposing a ton of hoops for me to jump through. I haven't done anything wrong in this entire situation and they are treating me as if I have.
This will all work itself out in time. I keep praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment