Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sarcasm makes the world go round

Today is Christmas Eve.

This year is the first time that I really feel on top of it. Like oh yeah.

A few weeks ago, on Thanksgiving, I dropped off the preliminary gifts for everyone, and since then we have had time to round up a few other medium/small things of the sort. But there's something.

And I was at the builder's store the other day and they had Christmas Cacti there for $1 a piece and I am a sucker for plants and a sucker for anything that cost a dollar and I like to never go anywhere emptyhanded, including but not limited to the six places or so we have to go to between today and tomorrow. (6???!!!)

I'm terrible at keeping any sort of secret and so of course the husband has his gifts already and he loves them because I am the best gift giver ever. He got an owl sweatshirt and a t-shirt and he hasn't gotten them yet because I still need to buy some squeeze bottles, but he's also getting two of his favorite sauces from his favorite restuarant!!!!

The children are receiving a various assortment of robotic toys this year combined with a plethora of simple little girl journals (what they are always begging me to buy anytime we go to the store) that they can write and draw in, and other toys that I might also find joy in playing with. I think that is the secret. If you want to play with your kids, get them toys that you also want to play with.

The husband is DYING to give us the copy of our favorite movie which I know he got us for a gift. I know there are other movies as well. I will guess, X-Men.

The only other items I have asked for this year are a Swingline Stapler, a Nativity Set, and perhaps even more washcloths. Always more washcloths. And bathroom towels for the new bathroom which will be mint green and white and tempered glass and chocolate brown. Because I'm designing the remodel of my hew house! (Saying this preemptively because although the loan was approved, closing is not for another week).

And in the meantime, everyone is starting to get stir crazy. The husband is crabby and has been crabby and hasn't been working his gajillion jobs because it is winter break and hooray for being a teacher, but he's at a loss at what to do with himself.

Me, of course, the more time I spend at home the more it becomes organized and ready for step-2.
I bought some paint for super cheap (yay for wrong colors!) and have the supplies and the help and I will also figure out a way to rip off that trim so I can fix the door frame as well. I have to prep this place because we are going to move sooner than later and most possibly sooner.

So somethings I'm not even messing around with, like packing, but I've been going through a ton of stuff and I'm ready to relocate and streamline it. A new space will be a lot of work to prepare and move into, but I think it would be really nice. I have a beautiful room design for almost every room in my head and of course I've been thinking about it. What else do I have to think about?

I mean, I do have a ton of other stuff to think about, of course, and here isn't where I'm going to talk about them.

But I will say this, I've been reflecting upon the past year quite a bit
and I'm pleased to say
that this year
has been wonderfully positive
with many forward things

I won't reflect upon anything less than that

because next year has many positives that I am looking forward to

new volunteer Reiki work at an established professional setting with a client base!
nomination from a professional group for candidacy as a committee member for the county
my boss' job!!!! I'm a contender at least and it is full time benefits salaried!
finishing up my 2nd master's degree?
remodeling a house!!!
moving into a new space!
learning how to do a million new things!
stabilizing out into happiness and love
being happy with my family

Next year is going to be really great. Whatever comes, I can't wait! I will face it all with fearlessness and bravery. I can handle anything. I can live happily.

I pray this, that I will always have strength
I know the spectrum of life
from this I have tasted
I know the extreme and the strife of stillness
everything is only change
I embrace it
Let me be love
Let me be light
Le me be balanced
Let me be well
Let me be happily
overwhelmed
 with the abundance
that is
life

Thank you for everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previously Posted