I know I have been pretty bloggy lately, which is cool if you keep up with my stuff or have been following me for awhile I suppose.
I want to document my story from this afternoon.
So this morning was great. The girls slept in quite a bit because we were out super late last night having the best time ever at the pool and then a sparkler party making new friends! I effectively did nothing productive on my day off aside from some little things here and there, and not much else. I did decide though that it might be a fun idea to go to the movies today. Why not? Brave just came out and we missed Beauty and the Beast in theaters and hey, there's air conditioning.
So we get ready and we start our parade out to the car, and someone let the dog out. I was making attempts to leave early so that we could get lunch before (and so my children wouldn't merely exist off of popcorn all afternoon) and my attempts were working, I was hoping for burritos.
And then the dog got into the car. And didn't want to come out. At all. So that involved me running around the car trying to push or pull her out and sometimes she would run around the car on purpose to escape me. The first time I got her out she was sneaky and made her way back in through a door. In the hot hot sun this was going on. So I finally get her out and what does she do? She beelines for the row of bushes next to the neighbors house.
Okay, no big deal, so she runs into the bushes, all I have to do is just crawl in and grab her, bribe her and try to convince her to come out, or poke her until she moved herself. Long story short, none of that worked.
What it did result in was my soft dewey sweaty skin (from the hot sun beating above me in the summer heat) became covered in small prickly thorns from the bush. Yes, the dog chose to hide in the thorn bush.
Who even puts thorn bushes next to a house anyhow?
My children had to sneak into the other bushes and put the dog's collar on her and then help so I could drag her out with her leash from behind the bushes. And then drag her inside. Because you see, although I thought she was going to be smaller and more manageable for me, she is larger and I cannot carry her like when she was a puppy (Ideal size...). Anyhow so that was really fun, it resulted in me having a mini meltdown in my driveway at one point when I realized how late we were going to be and that the fourth or fifth thing I had tried wasn't working and I was in direct sunlight and really hot and sweaty. I was weeping in my driveway like a crazy woman. And my throat is all messed up this week and my voice does not have the same tone or meanness and no one listens to me anyways. I'm not as scary when I can't raise my voice and I have no voice to raise right now.
But eventually I got her inside and in her cage and we were all set and ready to go, and then where were my keys? I don't even want to write here how often this has happened to me, but it did, again. I couldn't find my keys. So that resulted in me frantically searching all of the "logical" places in the car, where I would have put them before the dog situation began. They weren't there.
"Oh no", I reasoned. "Perhaps I accidentally locked them in the house."
So I had to break into my house, in heels, again, only to find out that the keys were nowhere to be found inside. As usual. I will say, I am pretty good about not locking my keys inside. Usually I lose them somewhere inbetween the backdoor and the car and the thousand other places I walk around to outside.
I eventually found the keys. Sandwiched between Marilyn's car set and the backseat. Because they should totally have been there.
But we made it to the movie in time and we saw Brave and it was a really good movie. Way to go Disney! She had such pretty hair and the graphics are getting so much better. Enough with Finding Nemo already. Ugh. It's too early for rereleases. The girls really liked it.
We scored the best seats in the house. Front row, right and center.
Why do they even install seating that close to the screen?
It was a really lovely afternoon with them. I love my quality time with my children. They were fairly well behaved as well. I frequently find myself explaining the consequences of all of their actions and I have to be honest and realistic and graphic with it or else they undermine me. They are wonderful children to have. And now I get my weekend vacation! The only thing I "have" to do is whatever I want. And maybe grade, just a little on Sunday night or something :)
I want to do something on the lake. Go swimming. Go on a boat. It's such a wonderful place to be. I really want to go to Cedar Point too, but it's weird to go by yourself. I have a birthday party to go to! Those are the best!
Fun stuff.
I hear that my girls are going to go drag racing this weekend for the first time ever. Not really racing, but a slow time trial run down the track. They will be accustomed early to what it feels like to be time travelers or astronauts, little drag racers. Mallory loves cars. It's kind of funny to think that this is just another side activity that they will do. So I do ballet and piano and drag racing and work on my motorcycle. They don't even really have a choice, it's kind of like that is all that he knows how to do. But they will have fun.
It's Friday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment